Blackberry Messenger for iPhone hype, personal experience ~ Musing on technology, computer and internet

Blackberry Messenger for iPhone hype, personal experience

September 24, 2013

Have you downloaded the Blackberry Messenger for iPhone ?. Yes, I know , it has been pulled back from App Store after the issue of leak of unreleased version of the software on the Android system. Up to this article written, checking on App Store , BBM is currently not available .

At first I was already felt something went wrong. When the first time I installed it, few attempts to register was failed. At the time, I thought it was probably caused by excessive access to Blackberry Server trying to register one at a time. When I try to register, many times I got these screens:
After the fifth attempt, I finally able to register. But as many media said that after registering with your existing Blackberry ID, the system will bring your contacts to this new BBM; but that was not happening. I was then starting to invite some of my friends one by one. The funny things is, some are able to be added to my contact list, some are just failed. I found my invitation that was already accepted by my colleagues are stuck in their 'Pending Request', and they are not appears in my BBM contact. Some workarounds to add them to my contact is to let them scan my Barcode. In my case, it wont work if they invite me by PIN.

So now the some test. In spite I know that the service may be still unstable, since the first time using BBM for iPhone, I am experiencing delay between the notification and the chat screen. Notification saying the chat is arrive, but further check on chat screen, nothing in there, until few minutes.

The problems still in the air, well I hope they sort it out very soon. I think Blackberry just underestimated how big this would be until the problems occurred. Luckily the issues have not impacted the BBM service for Blackberry. For further information , please follow @BBM on Twitter for the latest updates and go to www.BBM.com to sign-up for updates about BBM for Android and iPhone.

Bookmark it :

  • Technorati
  • Del.icio.us
  • Digg
  • Yahoo!
  • Google
  • Meneame
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Magnolia
  • Blinklist
  • Blogmarks

Subscribe to RSS or Email

0 comments: